Situated in the heart of fabulous Soca valley, Herbal House is a family home with 2 unique herbal rooms. This unique herbal homestay retreat is open year-round and offers superb views on surrounding hills (Korada, Kuk, Sabotin), of the emerald-coloured Soca river and garden full of growing vegetables and colourful flowers. Comfort and individualized customer service. Imagine a crackling fireplace and Slovenian attentive hospitality. Be part of creative hands-on activities and make your own herbal pillow or lavender bag. Let the local guide you through the western part of Slovenia!
Stay in a herbal home with locals! Experience the sensory pleasure and scents of our two herbal rooms. Book unique herbal accommodation in a local home for your authentic travel experience in Soca valley, Slovenia.
Real homestay experience with a local family!
Get your nose into our 2 Herbal Rooms:
- a room with a king size bed (180x200cm)- for 2 people
- a room with a queen size bed (120x200cm)- for 1 person
- hand-crafted wooden bedroom sets (crates for pullovers, stand up trees for the jackets, table, chairs)
- fresh bed linen with Idria lace, colourful fresh towels
- non-allergenic pillows filled with herbs (hops, fern, linden)
- bathroom (bathtub, shower, sink, toilet, bidet)
- herbal surprise
- books for holiday reading
- access to the balcony and direct look on our family vegetable U-pick garden
- fresh air access windows
- free internet access (we don’t have WI-FI because we like to talk to eachother!)
- tips and assistance with organizing daily trips, guided walks, local experiences
- and we will make your travel experience in Soca valley unforgetable and long lasting.
Cool things to do near Herbal Rooms:
- hiking Walk of peace (Prižnica memorial park), Sabotin mountain (best in fall/autumn time!) or through the vineyards in Brda wine region
- get inspired by Park Pečno
- cool down in Soca river next to Kanal bridge
- hiking/cycling from Solkan to Plave, one of the most scenic biking and hiking trails in Slovenia
- enjoy in a train ride on Transalpina railway
- endless opportunities for cycling
- SUP tour in Most na Soci
- get to climb a climbing wall
- MTB downhill trail from Kuk mountain
- capture great photos at Doblarec gorge
- be part of local festivals (subscribe to Slocally news on the right side and get up-to-date information!)
What other guests say about Herbal Rooms?
You can stay in a hotel anywhere, but for a truly local experience, it is places like this that make the difference. Rather than just meeting a front-desk receptionist at a hotel, you get the opportunity to spend time with a local family.
“Home away from Home!” Ishita, India
Great warmth and hospitality here! I am so glad to choose these rooms as my stay in Plave, slovenia. The rooms are exceedingly comfortable filled with potpurri and herbs in mattress and pillows
I enjoyed Herbal House for an extended stay ( one summer month) because of all the options open to me: I could relax comfortably alongside the lush garden and read, I could catch a local train and visit lakes Bled and Bohinj, I could take easy or moderately difficult hikes into dense forests and feel one with the sounds of nature and I could savor delicious cuisine at the near by regional eateries.
Read all of the reviews of our happy Herbal Rooms* Homestay guests at our Trip Advisor website.
BLOG: A HOMESTAY IN SLOVENIA
BLOG: A SLOVENIAN HOMESTAY
NEWSPAPER: SPANJE NA ZELIŠČIH V PLAVAH
BLOG: SLOVENIA WITH LOCALS
CROWDFUNDING: HERBAL HOUSE HOME EXPERIENCE
NEWSPAPER: GOSTJE ZASPIJO NA ZDRAVILNIH ZELIŠČIH
Perfect for: cyclists, hikers, solo travelers, couples, hitchhikers, families, backpackers and all travelers.
Find herbal house in: Soca valley (village Plave).
Herbal hours: open all year around (by prior arrangement).
Latitude: N: 46°02'24.2"
Longitude: E: 13°35'32.4"
Reached by: public transport (train and bus), hitchhiking, car sharing, bike, walk, your own transport.
Minimum stay: 1 night.
Categorization: 1 star *.
For longer stay (more than 1 week), send us inquiry for possible discount.
30 % discount for children till 10 years old if sleeping in their own bed. 100 % discount for children till 10 years old if sharing a bed with parents.
The price excludes tourist tax (0,92 EUR/adult/night; 0,46 EUR/child/night). Children under the age of 7 are not paying tourist tax.
Our home, your home! For now, cash only.